Saturday, December 10, 2011

salsa

This afternoon I made homemade salsa. Let me take this opportunity to say: I love salsa. But I'm also very picky about my salsa. I don't like it too chunky, which seems to lead to the demise of finding good salsa at the grocery store (although there is a black bean & corn salsa that I've fallen in love with!). So after looking at a few recipes I found on Pinterest I decided I would try making my own.
Ingredients:
  • 2 cans diced tomatoes
  • 1 small can green chili peppers
  • about 1/4 onion
  • 1/2 bunch cilantro
  • 1 can whole kernel corn
  • salt to taste
  • garlic powder
  • red pepper flakes
You can of course change this recipe to your liking, or use more of each to make a larger batch. Next time I think I'll add black beans!

In your [beloved] food processor, add everything but corn. Pour into a bowl. Drain your corn and add to salsa mix. Viola!


 
I have a small, handheld food processor, so I mixed mine a little at a time, but if your food processor is big enough you can throw it all in there are once!


 
Here is the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment