Cake pops are super easy, albeit time-consuming, to make. Today, my friend Tessa and I made some together.
what you'll need:
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 can icing
- baker's chocolate
- sprinkles, if desired
- wooden skewers
- cut wooden skewers in half (these will be the sticks for the cake pops)
- bake the cake according to instructions on box in 2 square or round pans
- set the cake on cooling racks until cool
- in a large [very large] bowl, crumble the cake
add can of icing to cake, stir until combined well in a thick consistency
using a small 'cookie dough' scoop, scoop out the cake/icing mix
- put all cake balls in the freezer to harden
using a double boiler, melt baker's chocolate, put wooden skewer in cake ball and dip in the chocolate until covered
place on a wax-paper lined cookie sheet and add sprinkles
Viola! And as easy as that you have a fun and tasty treat to share!
For today's batch, we used strawberry cake and icing. I have also used funfetti cake and icing.
Other ideas for cake/icing combinations:
- chocolate cake with chocolate icing
- chocolate cake with vanilla icing
- vanilla cake with chocolate icing
- strawberry cake with chocolate icing
- pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese icing