what you'll need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- about 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can Campbell's cheddar cheese soup
- 1 package egg noodles (dumplings)
- generous splash of milk
- 2 dollops of sour cream
- spices to taste
- 1 package of crescent rolls
- preheat oven to 350*
- boil the egg noodles
- brown the beef
- drain beef and rinse off, drain noodles
- pour some milk in the pot in which you cooked the noodles, then put the noodles and beef in the pot
add cheese, soup, and sour cream and mix well
add spices: I use mrs. dash, nature's seasoning, and dill
[add more milk a little at a time if needed to ensure creaminess]
pour in 9x13 casserole dish
unroll crescent rolls and lay on top for crust
Bake until crust is golden brown. Enjoy!
- When I first made this casserole, I used ground beef (hence the name) but now I usually use ground turkey.
- Add various types of cheeses
- Use different shapes of noodles, i.e. rigatoni, bowtie, etc.