Tuesday, April 17, 2012

bbq chicken (in the skillet)

I'm always looking for a variation from just regular ol' chicken. When I stumbled upon this recipe and decided to tweek to my liking, I definitely found a keeper. It's not slow cooking style that is known to give BBQ its tenderness, but it's full of flavor and doesn't take much time.

what you need:
  • 3 chicken breasts
  • bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's, original)
  • buffalo wing sauce (I use Moore's)
  • ketchup
how you'll do it:

boil your chicken.
shred it your cooked chicken.
I used to shred chicken with 2 forks but never again! if you have a kitchenaid mixer, all you need to do is put the cooked chicken in the bowl, use the paddle and go until it's shredded! *amazing*

get your sauces ready (ketchup was an afterthought, but definitely needed!)

put chicken in skillet

cover in sauce 
[although I didn't measure, I would suggest a 4:1:1 ratio of bbq:hot sauce:ketchup]

stir together well until fully covered in sauce, adding more if needed.
cover with lid, or upside-down larger skillet and let simmer about 10-15 minutes.

served in whole wheat tortilla with cheese, baked zucchini, and mashed red potatoes

Variations:
  • add lettuce, peppers, onions, and other veggies to the tortilla
  • serve on bun like regular bbq ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment