Sunday, January 8, 2012

zucchini chips

These super tasty, crispy, crunchy, yummy chips will make you not want to share! For real, they are so good! I made these one night when we had turkey burgers and that was a great choice. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did, and I hope you benefit from the tweaks I made in the recipe!

what you'll need:
  • 1-2 zucchinis
  • 1/2 cup 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup 1/2 cup cold milk
  • 1/4 cup 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • black pepper (and Mrs. Dash) to taste
[*Side note: the reason I am recommend changing the amounts called for is because I had way too much batter left over and not enough coating.]

how you'll do it:
  • preheat the oven to 425*
line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray
cut zucchini into slices; I made mine about 1/4 in. thick
in one bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese, pepper and Mrs. Dash

in another bowl stir together milk and flour until combined
*don't over stir

dip zucchini slices in batter

then dip batter-covered slices in crumb mixture

place on cookie sheet

bake for about 25-30 minutes or until brown, and flip halfway through

Yummy! I sure hope you made enough to share and enjoy! Be sure to not forget to spray the aluminum foil with non-stick spray (like I did!) or you won't be able to flip them halfway through or enjoy both sides of the zucchini ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment