Monday, February 20, 2012

amish lasagna

I'm not really sure why this is called "Amish Lasagna" except that it came out of an Amish cookbook. I got this recipe in college and have been using it ever since. It is SO good. I made a tweek on the recipe this time and used "oven ready" lasagna noodles. You don't have to boil them and it takes so much time off of the whole process. I was very pleased!

what you'll need:
  • 1 pound ground Italian sausage
  • 16 oz. cottage cheese (shh...don't tell Ryan ;) )
  • 4 cups mozzerella cheese
  • 8 lasagna noodles
  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce

how you'll do it:

this is the awesome lasagna that I mentioned earlier

brown the meat in a pan and add the sauce; heat on low
 
meanwhile, mix the cheeses together in a bowl

 in a 9x13 casserole dish, spoon some of the meat sauce

put 4 noodles on top of the sauce

 layer with sauce and cheese, then repeat noodles, sauce, cheese

bake at 350* for about 45-55 minutes

Viola! So yummy! I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment